BSC (Hons) in Business Computing and Information Systems
Learners will first complete the OTHM Level 4 and Level 5 Diplomas in Information Technology (equivalent to the first and second years of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree). Students can then go directly to final year of The BSC (Hons) in Business Computing and Information Systems (Top up) validated by University of Central Lancashire (UCLan). Upon completion, Leaners will be awarded a full bachelor’s degree.
About the University of Central Lancashire
In 1828, the University of Central Lancashire was founded in Preston, England, as the Institute for Knowledge Communication.
Today, UCLan is ranked as one of the highest ranked universities in the UK and one of the largest in the UK, with nearly 38,000 students and faculty. Internationally, the university has academic partners in all regions of the world
According to the World University Ranking Centre(CWUR),the University of Central Lancashire ranks 3.7% of the world’s top universities.
OTHM is a UK based Awarding Organisation regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation). OTHM always aim to develop as an organisation that is forward-thinking in order to support professions and industry by providing excellent qualifications that contribute for a highly qualified and experienced workforce.
The main objectives are:
- To uphold the integrity of our qualifications and assessments
- To provide British Standard Qualifications globally
- To promote professionalism
- To promote ethical practice
- To promote equality and diversity
This course provides students with a blend of technical IT skills and business expertise to prepare them for senior management positions. The course module is designed to provide students with the basic skills and knowledge that IT department employers need.
Upon successful completion of the degree, students are invited to attend their graduation ceremony at Preston Guild Hall in the UK.
Graduates can pursue careers in:
- IT Management/Consultancy
- Software Engineering
- Data Management
- Cyber Security
- Information Systems Management
Academic Resources and Time Management
Units comprise of weekly live zoom lesson, video lectures, tutorial exercises, discussion forums and live chat sessions with subject experts.
Students will have the opportunity to interact with other students from around the world.
Online via the World Degree Learning Management System
Students study the following units:
- Programming Foundations
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Web and Multimedia Applications
- Computer and Network Technology
- Software Development
- Managing Business Information
- Software Engineering
- Database Systems
- Advanced systems Analysis and Design
- Management Information Systems
- Network Information Systems
- IT Project Management
- Managing Information Systems Project
- Information Systems Project
- Advanced Database Management Systems
- Corporate Communications Systems Management
How to Apply
Contact the World Degree team on email@example.com for advice and instructions on how to apply.