OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management
Qualification Number: 603/6066/5
The objective of the OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management qualification is to develop learners’ understanding of policy, management theory and practice in health and social care. It provides learners with an opportunity to engage with the challenges facing professionals, services users and policy makers in their own country. It will provide knowledge that underpins the ability to work as an effective manager in the hospitals/social care industry. It combines both theoretical and practical knowledge in the health and social care profession. The qualification will develop and enhance knowledge and skills in the areas of leading change, effective performance, planning and accountability, development and team leadership. Learners will be able to work in a variety of roles within health care administration and/or management.
Successful completion of the Level 7 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management qualification enables learners to progress into or within employment and/or continue their study towards a relevant Master’s programme with advanced standing.
OTHM is a UK based Awarding Organisation regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation). OTHM always aim to develop as an organisation that is forward-thinking in order to support professions and industry by providing excellent qualifications that contribute for a highly qualified and experienced workforce.
The main objectives are:
- To uphold the integrity of our qualifications and assessments
- To provide British Standard Qualifications globally
- To promote professionalism
- To promote ethical practice
- To promote equality and diversity
For entry onto the OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management qualification, learners must possess:
- An honours degree in related subject or UK level 6 diploma or an equivalent overseas qualification
- Mature learners with management experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
- Learner must be 21 years old or older at the beginning of the course
- English requirements: If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country must provide evidence of English language competency. For more information visit English Language Expectations page in our website www.othm.org.uk.
The OTHM Level 7 diplomas on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) are at the same level as master’s degrees. However, they are shorter (120 credits) and learners will have to proceed to the dissertation stage (60 credits) with university to achieve a full masters programme.
The OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management qualification consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 600 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
- Health and Social Care Leadership (20 credits)
- Managing People in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
- Managing Finance in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
- Health and Social Care Strategies and Policies (20 credits)
- Leading Change in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
- Research Methods for Healthcare Professionals (20 credits)
Duration and delivery
The qualification is designed to be delivered over one academic year for full-time study, but it is also flexible in its delivery in order to accommodate part-time and distance learning.
The qualification is delivered face-to-face, through lectures, tutorials, seminars, distance, online by approved centres only.
Assessment and verification
All units within this qualification are internally assessed by the centre and externally verified by OTHM. The qualifications are criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to demonstrate that they have fulfilled all the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all assessment criteria. Judgement that the learners have successfully fulfilled the assessment criteria is made by the Assessor.
The Assessor should provide an audit trail showing how the judgement of the learners’ overall achievement has been arrived at.
Achieving the OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management qualification enables learners to progress into or within employment and/or continue their further study. As this qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), learners are eligible to progress to Master’s top-up programmes at many universities in the UK and overseas with advanced standing.