OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Information Technology
Qualification Number: 603/3789/8
The OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Information Technology is designed to ensure that each learner is a confident, independent thinker with a detailed knowledge of Information Technology, and equipped with the skills to adapt rapidly to change at a junior or middle management level and aspiring into higher management within their organisation or industry. The qualification is ideal for those who have started, or are planning to move into, a career in private or public sector business.
OTHM is a UK based Awarding Organisation regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation). OTHM always aim to develop as an organisation that is forward-thinking in order to support professions and industry by providing excellent qualifications that contribute for a highly qualified and experienced workforce.
The main objectives are:
- To uphold the integrity of our qualifications and assessments
- To provide British Standard Qualifications globally
- To promote professionalism
- To promote ethical practice
- To promote equality and diversity
For entry onto the OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Information Technology qualification, learners must possess:
- Relevant NQF/QCF/RQF Level 5 diploma or equivalent recognised qualification
- Learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course
- English requirements: If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country must provide evidence of English language competency. For more information visit English Language Expectations page in this website
OTHM qualifications at RQF Level 6 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Bachelor’s Degrees with Honours, Bachelor’s Degrees, Professional Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), Graduate Diplomas and Graduate Certificates.
The OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Information Technology consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 480 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
- Advanced Computer Networks (20 credits)
- Advanced Data Analytics (20 credits)
- Advanced Database Management Systems (20 credits)
- Management Information Systems (20 credits)
- Computers, Society and Law (20 credits)
- Computing Projects (20 credits)
Duration and delivery
The qualification is designed to be delivered over one academic year for full-time study, but it is also flexible in its delivery in order to accommodate part-time and distance learning.
The qualification is delivered face-to-face, through lectures, tutorials, seminars, distance, online by approved centres only.
Assessment and verification
All units within this qualification are internally assessed by the centre and externally verified by OTHM. The qualifications are criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to demonstrate that they have fulfilled all the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all assessment criteria. Judgement that the learners have successfully fulfilled the assessment criteria is made by the Assessor.
The Assessor should provide an audit trail showing how the judgement of the learners’ overall achievement has been arrived at.
This Level 6 Diploma in Information Technology qualification has been developed with career progression and professional recognition in mind. Successful completion of this qualification provides learners the opportunity for a wide range of academic progressions.